How to Use Ecommerce Returns Data to Grow Your Shopify Store
Wish to expand and improve on your Ecommerce business? An online ecommerce business big or small using the shopify platform can grow easily if you use the data collected from the platform in an efficient way.
Wish to expand and improve on your Ecommerce business? An online ecommerce business big or small using the shopify platform can grow easily if you use the data collected from the platform in an efficient way. The growth of your Ecommerce Store directly depends on the utilization of customers data and policies set up by you. How do you set up a return and exchange policy that makes your customers happy and retains them? Simple! Understand their Post Purchase behaviour!
Picture an ecommerce business start-up. Everything is well in place, your online reach, your team, your collaborating partners, everything is set and on the go. However, your business has a bad start, the purchase rate is extremely poor as per your expectations. Where did you go wrong?
The answer to this lies in the fact that you started a business from only a seller’s point of view and failed to understand and see things from a customer’s point of view. This is what makes or breaks your business.
On platforms like Shopify there are endless users, both companies and individuals, hence providing the customers with multiple choices. Shopify has certainly succeeded in setting up a platform that allows anyone to set up an online store and sell their products, a leading e-commerce platform designed for business of all sizes. A humongous store with a large population of buyers and sellers. The customers will certainly go for the best when it comes to purchasing.
Thus setting up policies like ecommerce returns through a proper knowledge of the Post purchase behaviour can help you grow your business even on Shopify.
Analyse your returns data to improve on your business
An important part of Post Purchase is a critical review of how your returns policy played out among your customers helps in bringing about the essential changes required to improve your policy not just returns but the business as a whole. Key factors to keep in mind while analysing returns data on Shopify:
· Make the post purchase journey of your customers a smooth one. Right from the purchase of an order to its seamless and quick delivery, receiving the approval of the customer on the product received and in case of a return, the process being a hassle free one while also keeping your customers constantly on the loop about their returns is what improves the business and ensures customer retention.
· Why are the customers opting for a returns policy in the first place? Your set goal should be to avoid creating situations where the customers are requesting for a return. This could happen due to a number of reasons like unclear description or image of the products on the website, poor packaging, damaged products. etc. Analyse. Adapt. Overcome.
· Listen to your customers. Surveys and feedback from your customers can in so many ways help you work on your weaknesses and also help you understand their likes and dislikes, be it product wise or the service you provide.
· Hence once you carefully analyse the returns data, highlight what the users like about your services and where they are facing a problem. Then immediately start working on fixing that problem, this ensures your customers that you are listening to their queries and which in turn makes them loyal to you.
Impact of ecommerce returns data on your Shopify store
1. Helps you know your shoppers better. Every ecommerce return is a retention marketing opportunity.
2. The returns data help you understand what is being demanded by the users by spotting the issue through frequently used words in return comments and feedback.
3. Evaluate and improve your operations processes with Ecommerce Returns data. The returns data does not just help you to make improvements on your returns policy but it gives a bird eye view of your entire business proceedings as a whole.
What are you waiting for? Use the tools and ideas available to you to give your business/store, big or small, that extra nudge to do better in this ravishing and competitive world of ecommerce. Make platforms like Shopify your asset to reach that level of success.